Floods are often unpredictable, and when it occurs, they are usually catastrophic, destroying both lives and properties. Therefore, proactive steps must be taken to prevent such disastrous situation from occurring. The two common types of flood damage measures include
– Internal flood damage: This usually occurs as a result of a water pipe leakage or a faulty wash room.
– External flood damage: This damage is usually as a result of external factors which include flood, storms or hurricanes.
In case you fall victim flood damage, one needs to seek the services of a professional flood damage restoration to help cushion the effect of the damage caused by the flood. But when searching for a flood restoration company, it is necessary to get an experienced one that will help in salvaging some of your destroyed properties. Employing the services of an expert helps to minimize your loss.
There are several steps to be taken when confronted with a flood situation
- The first step to take after experiencing flood is to clean and tidy up properties in the flooded location, this will be made easier by employing professional flood damage Restoration Company that will use their specialized equipments to restore your property.
- Prompt call should be placed to a professional flood restoration company when there is a water damage, the earlier they arrive, the better they would work, professional companies usually have equipments that perform various kinds of operation in a flooded area. This equipments aid in enhancing restoration.
- Mold also poses great danger to your properties and should be removed as soon as possible. An experienced restoration company will remove mold completely.
Who pays if the damage is not from a natural occurrence?
In a situation whereby the flood occurs due to a malfunctioning toilet, then the damages will be covered by the insurance company ,but if you had knew the toilet was faulty before the flood occurrence, no expenses will be covered on your behalf by the insurance company as the flood will be said to have been caused as a result of personal negligence.
To prevent mold and mildew from growing, you will have to dry your apartment thoroughly. You will have to crank up air conditioning units, open up doors and windows and also utilize a dehumidifier.
But if the damage caused by the flood is extensive, then it is safe to consult a flood restoration company to help you in handling restoration.
Flood Damage Restoration to Make Your Home Like New
The cost of hiring the services of a professional flood restoration company might be quite exorbitant, but it is far cost effective than having to replace your properties, in a case of flooding,
`To begin the process for your flood recovery:
- Get in touch with your insurance company.
- Consult a professional flood damage restoration company.
- Pack all your flood damaged properties in a safe area so as to enable the insurance company’s agent confirm the extent of your loss.
- Ensure you thoroughly dry your carpet, bedding, clothing and furniture.
- Open your windows and doors to enable cross-ventilation.
Always clean up after a flood situation to prevent growth of mold in your house and contact professionals when the flood situation is really bad.