Wedding or bridal hair accessories are gradually becoming increasingly fashionable. With the arrival of the wide range of new hair accessories, the brides are now having greater options for hair decoration than they used to have before. When you go to shop for your hair accessories for the wedding day, you may face a dilemma of which accessories to choose from the wide range available in the market. This article provides you with some basic ideas which may help you in choosing the accessories for your hair, when you decide to go for shopping for the wedding day.
Types of Wedding Hair Accessories to Shop
- Bridal Veils– These had been a hot favorite in both the traditional and contemporary forms of wedding. They are available in various lengths. The veils which hang from the shoulders look very elegant and simple.
When you are shopping, you must keep in mind that the veil you purchase should be in accordance to your wedding dress. If your wedding dress is without a train, then the veil having an elbow length is the most appropriate one. Chapel length veils are most suitable for those long dresses which reach the floor. Veils of cathedral style are most suitable for formal weddings. Another type of veil which matches with almost any type of wedding gown is the fingertip veil. You must have a good eye for the designs while you are shopping, because the designers are frequently coming up with fantastic new designs. You just need to ensure that the style of veil chosen by you matches your wedding dress.
- Bridal Hair Jewelries– These jewelries are immensely popular. There are a variety of options including diamonds, amethyst, rhinestones, rubies and jade. You may also go for your birthstones or may be shells. It is to a coiffure that the jeweleries are generally attached with a pin. For the beach weddings, shells and crystals are the ideal choice. Similarly, there are appropriate hair jewelries for every type of wedding theme.
- Bands and Bows– While shopping for the hair accessories for your wedding, if you decide to buy bands or bows then make sure that they are of the best quality. The cheap ones seldom look nice and will never do any good to your look on the wedding day. Unlike the combs, the bows look good when they are oversized. If you are planning to go for a retro look, then you can combine it with a headscarf. However, you need to pay good attention towards the fabric. It is best to choose between leather and silk. Avoid purchasing those bows which look too childish.
- Pins and Hair Combs: There are a wide variety of hair pins and clips too. If you have a fixed budget for spending behind hair accessories, then hair pins, clips and combs are your ideal options. You must be careful that the hairpin you choose to buy should be in coordination with your hairstyle and wedding gown. If you buy hair combs, then choose the small ones. These accessories may be inexpensive, but they are never short of elegance.
- Bridal Tiaras: These accessories can be treated as indispensable as far as traditional weddings are concerned. They are generally embellished with crystals, rhinestones or diamonds. But the one thing you should keep in mind is that tiaras and pins do not go well with each other.
Emily Stone is a professional writer for The-Little-Things-in-Life.co.uk/wedding-hair-accessories/. She has a vast experience in writing articles on Wedding Hair Accessories and related topics.